John 3:30 NLT

He must become greater and greater. And I must become less and less. John 3:30

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Specific Needs

Many people have been asking over the last few weeks regarding what we need.  To be honest, our family really doesn't need anything apart from your prayers.  I believe the next few weeks will be quite critical for us as the Lord lays out His plan for where we are going to live for the long-term.  This will determine who we get to impact, and I have to believe that all of this is part of the grander plan He has.

For right now, I wanted to give those who are interested an opportunity to participate in the beginning of our ministry here.  Here are two ideas that I have had:

1.  Business cards for handing out to the homeless-  While I'm walking the streets I generally pass by numerous homeless individuals.  Occasionally one will strike up a conversation with me and it presents an opportunity to witness and present the Gospel.  When you are homeless you are unsure of who to trust, and relationships are built over time.  I thought I'd hand out business cards with my name and phone number on them.  If someone gets into a bad situation, needs someone to talk to, needs help with something, etc, they can call me.  I stole this idea from a church planter in Seattle and it seems to work well.

2.  Bibles- I'd like to begin carrying around a few Bibles so that they can be handed out as needed to people who don't have one.  This might include the homeless or people that we just encounter on a daily basis.

If you want to participate in funding these things, please look for the green button on the right side of the blog that says "Go Fund Me."  By clicking on it, you will be taken to a site that allows you to donate as much or as little as you want.  None of this money will go to our family.  It will only be used for specific items that we will buy for this ministry.  I hope in the future to have a more stable way to donate to specific ministry needs.  For now, this one will do.

If you do not feel comfortable with donating money, another option would be to simply order these items yourself and have them shipped directly to us.  If this interests you, please contact me for our address.  Again, we need the items, not the money.

Above all things, please continue to pray for our family.  The Lord's fingerprints are all over everything that is happening right now, and I will continue to work to shine light on what He is doing here.  Our God is an awesome God!

Psalms 20:1-5

For the choir director:A psalm of David.
 In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.
 May he send you help from his sanctuary
and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
 May he remember all your gifts
and look favorably on your burnt offerings.
Interlude
 May he grant your heart’s desires
and make all your plans succeed.
 May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment